Needing some 2/O cable for the car, I decided to go with UltraFlex Orange welding cable from WeldingSupply.com. They don’t hose you on shipping (like some ebay places) and it’s where I buy all my welding consumables. I also grabbed a new crimper. The lugs and heatshrink are from delcity.net.
I’ve spent the past two weekends figuring out the best way to mount twenty batteries in the front trunk. I had this crazy idea to stack the batteries two rows high, but after an email from Mark Urban (he built another electric Boxster) I decided go the same route he did and make a funky shaped box that stuffs all the cells onto a single level:
The strapping is there because I need to compress my cells a little to get them to fit. As they have been sitting for a bit, they have swelled a little. My figures are crossed hoping this doesn’t effect the cell capacity too much.
A while back I mounted a pulley on the tailshaft to drive the A/C compressor. This week I picked up some parts from the laser cutters to build the bracket to hold the compressor in place. It’s a pretty simple design.