Busting out the welder

It’s been a few years since I’ve done much welding. So I did a test piece before starting on my actual battery boxes.

20121021-070332.jpg
It turned pretty well (a little blobby but strong with no major pits or cracks). So I went ahead and put together the boxes that will each hold 8 cells (for a total of 16) in the engine compartment. I made the boxes quite tight:

20121021-070945.jpg
If I slide this last cell in, I’m not sure it would come out easily. I still need to sand off the corrosion.

I just set them in place to get a general idea how they’ll fit.

20121021-074152.jpg

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *